Friday 31 July 2015

YES, I AM A PROUD HINDU

I would loved to be called as Human being or may be a Proud Indian, but some people provoke me to be called as a Hindu or may be a Proud Hindu ! YES! I am a Hindu, but not a fanatic. I respect all religions, I expect others to respect my Religion also. One of my friends, started criticising Hinduism.

' Thousands of Gods in your religion..it is totally confusing'.

He kick started the argument.

 'We know that there is only one God, "Ekam Brahma. dvithiya naste neh na nasthe kinchan" is what Brahma Sutra says, which means “There is only one God, not the second; not at all, not at all, not in the least bit.” I told him. 

'Then you are not following your own scriptures..that is wrong' was his counter.

'My dear friend do you know the beauty of Hinduism? My religion does not dictate terms..it gives you options instead.'

 Yajurveda says "Na tasya Pratima asti" means there is no image of Him. But my religion also allows me to worship God in any form.
My religion gives me the freedom to worship God in the way I want to worship. 

'Bhava' is an important word in Hinduism. 'Bhava' is nothing but feeling. My religion wants us to be connected with divine.
My religion simplifies the procedure. God is there not only to protect or help us, God is there to be loved..God is there to be felt.

 If you love your father, love God like your father. If you love your mother, love God like your mother. If you love your child, love him like your child. Your feelings will  be intensified when you feel him like whom you love the most in this world.' I replied.

'That means you Hindus keep on changing your religious texts, by which  you are insulting your original scripts' he asked.

'No..It allows you to update! Every thing will change in this world. Religious texts believed that the earth is in the centre and sun is moving around earth, can you buy that now? As the  technology is advancing there is a need to update every thing including religion. That doesn't mean that you are rejecting or insulting your religion.'

He changed the topic. 'What about Manu smrithi, I can quote few lines from that which are inhuman.'

I got little irritated not because it was a right question but because it was irrelevant. I told him ' I want to take good things from all religions.  I want the essence, I want the cream!  If you want to find fault, you can find fault in each and everything. Forget it, now listen to me. I want to tell you why I am a proud Hindu..

My religion says  "Sarve Janah Sukhino Bhavantu"
means let every one be happy, my religion does not say let only our people be happy.  
  
My religion says  "Yatra naryastu pujyante ramante tatra Devatah.." means God will be pleased where women are respected.


My religion teaches me to respect and worship nature.

My religion teaches me to respect my parent, to respect my teacher. 

Do you want to hear more about my religion?' I asked him.

'Before that, I want ask you one more question.. what about Caste system in your religion? Do you endorse that?' He asked.

I said 'I don't  accept discrimination in any form.What is caste system? do you know what it is ?

The argument continued... I will write about it in my next post..









No comments:

Post a Comment