Wednesday 10 June 2015

CAN GOD SAVE US ?



CAN GOD SAVE US?


Can God really help us? Everyday millions of people pray to God, asking him to grant their wishes. "Please help me.. my dear God!" they say. Will God really listen to you and revert your sweet call?


Who is 'GOD' ?


All holy scriptures agree that GOD is almighty and omnipotent. The scriptures also agree that 'He' is the creator of our beautiful universe! Ergo it means that he is the proud creator and we are his children.


Theists believe God supports them through difficult times.. They pray, they worship,they offer. Most of them believe God listen to their prayers and help them.


Atheists, although don`t believe in the 'God' concept, agree that some unknown power does exist, which is beyond our measure and way beyond us. They definitely are aware of the power of nature.They believe that there is some power within us, which holds the light of life aloft us and Until that power is within us, we shall live!


What do the Vedas say about GOD?


Vedas categorise GOD as "TATH" meaning "that", which implies that God is neither male nor female. According to the Advaita philosophy, GOD is formless (niraakaara),without qualities (Nirguna) non-emotional(nirvikalpa) and non-biased(Nishpaksha). It neither has a beginning nor an end (Adyanthya rahitha). So it is not possible for this power (God) to differentiate one person from another, it does not know to discriminate. Hence it leaves an equal impact on all.


       When a tsunami hits, atheists, theists, saints, robbers, likewise everybody dies.Nobody is spared. 'The good' and 'the bad' is something that we have attributed as qualities with the concept of "civilized" society in mind. We label things which makes us happy as good and things that give us pain as bad. 'Good' and 'Bad' are relative terms.

           Having said this,let's now throw some light on the 'GOD' that most of the theists believe will help them..

      Say for a second.. if I imagine myself as the GOD, the first imagery that hits my eyes, would be that of the millions who pray to me.

      Among them are people whom the "society" has recognized as thieves, robbers, generous donors, lawyers, devotees, saints, daily wage workers, beggars. Likewise a humongous group itself is standing before me. All of them are my children!!

      Among whom one is a devotee, but a robber by profession. He is praying to me. He says 'Oh God, my mother is suffering on her deathbed and I don`t have a single penny to save her! She too back then did not have a single penny to afford my education. Nobody was ready to give me a job. So becoming a robber became inevitable for me. By fighting with the tantalizing venoms of poverty and hardwork, she has struggled to save me. Now it is my turn to return the favour. You are the most merciful, hence only you can empathize with me in my pain, so I pray to you, dear God, to make sure that no one would catch me while i commit this sin.'

     The man waiting to catch him in the act happens to be my other devotee, a Police officer who stands for loyalty. He on the other hand prays to me saying 'I want to catch him at any cost today, please bless me with success in my endeavour. He is a thief,a betrayer and an anti social element. To arrest him, cut his wings and push him in prison, dear GOD, please do help me.'

       Now,whose desire am I to fulfill? Which wish should I grant?

      This society itself is the reason for a thief to be a thief and a police officer to be a police officer. One is poor and the other rich. Both have problems, both are my children! At the same time both have strong reasons to back their prayers.

Being 'GOD' how can I judge and settle this?

     Thus if God seeks to benefit one, it may cause loss to the other. What we see as 'good' and 'bad' does not bother him. Neither does he help us nor does he betray us. He remains neutral.


    One question that might continue to haunt you after reading this could be..
'But when we have prayed him, God has really done us wonders! The "GOD" whom I believed in has not left me  when in trouble, in fact I myself have witnessed miraculous incidents! How is this possible then?'



It is possible!!  How??



I will write about it in my next post.

2 comments:

  1. What is a God.??
    A man made belief that if you live life and follow a particular religion you will go to heaven, question that particular belief and you will suffer for eternity
    The sad truth is there is absolutely no scientific evidence for this said god which therefore makes this said belief null.
    in retrospect religion is just a sad excuse to make yourself feel better about being a shitty human being
    it also is a way to escape taking responsibility for your mistakes and grievances.
    no offence to anyone just sharing a thought.
    Also a small clarification Atheists DO NOT believe in a higher power. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can read a different version of Faith and belief in my blog 'Faith - How it works'. Yes it is sad 'God' has been misused.. The concept of God came into existence to form a 'civilized' society. Atheists do not believe in higher power at the same time, they do agree the energy or power of nature cannot be controlled by us. Energy is neither created nor destroyed.

      Delete